Friday, December 14, 2007

It is what it is

(Stuck in LHR waiting for delayed flight home hence wasting time).
When I recently used the term in a new forum, I caused a blast of laughs. As it turns, the term had become an urban legend a collegue had strong opinions whenever the term had been used. And rightfully so, the term's origin is breakage of process or communication channels. There are unfulfilled requirements for which the priorities are misaligned. When someone senior uses the impression, it may sound ironic, cynical, or even worse: indifferent.

As frustrating as it may sound, the truth is quite opposite. "It is what it is", to me, expresses my frustration of achieving the goals I had set to myself in the time I hoped I would. But as a fresh starter, it also means that I have every intention to find the workaround, crack in the wall, back or front to reasses the issue again soon. It is not a defeat, it is regrouping. It is the low gear in optimism.

...To a dear person whose moving on. Be well my friend and best of wishes.
Sent Wirelessly

No comments: